Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Lets start ....


So today is the day, I have decided to start my new blog on my health pursuit, today is also Ganesh chathurthi, it may sound ironical what Lord ganesha has to do with Health whose staple diet is ladoos (sweet), and also is known for his shortcut to revolve around the globe ( no offence intended….) but let me describe Lord ganesha in few words and its relevance to my health

Ganesha's head symbolizes the Atman or the soul, which is the ultimate supreme reality of human existence - that means I have to work my soul out , and his human body signifies Maya or the earthly existence of human beings -my outer body my muscles, bones, skin etc.. In his upper right hand Ganesha holds a goad, which helps him propel mankind forward on the eternal path and remove obstacles from the way. - I am sure there are lots of obstacles coming my way like my excuses, injury, rain, sun, cold….. etc.. etc…I will definitely need help overcoming them . The broken tusk that Ganesha holds like a pen in his lower right hand is a symbol of sacrifice, which he broke for writing the Mahabharata- sacrificing high calorie delicious food and my morning sleep ZZZZZZ. The rosary in his other hand suggests that the pursuit of knowledge should be continuous- No workout is possible without right knowledge also it makes it easier and faster. The laddoo (200 calories!!) he holds in his trunk indicates that one must discover the sweetness of the Atman I think Atma is the only place I should be storing sweetness!!!!!! .. The snake that runs round his waist represents energy in all forms. Do I say any thing more (?)

So here I am starting (again) my pursuit for healthy life, wish me luck………

Mihir Shah

P.s. God if you cant make me lean and strong make my friends fat !!!!

No comments: